Monday, July 7, 2014

Some World War I Resources

Due to some delays from the long weekend, I will not have a new post up today, but for those interested I wanted to share some of my favorite WWI resources, this being the 100th anniversary of the start of the war.

First, I want to recommend “Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon” by Dan Carlin. I think this is by far the best podcast I have ever listened to, and he is in the middle of a series on WWI. The downside is that there is a long gap between shows, but they are quite worth it.


Another podcast that I love is “When Diplomacy Fails” by Zack Twamley. He is currently doing a series on the July Crises, a more real time lead up to the start of the war. Before that, he did a ten part series on the war.


Finally, for those more into photography, here is a link to a 10 part series by The Atlantic on the war.


Hope you enjoy these. I will write a post or two next week on World War I and the impact of religion and the consequence in religious life in Europe since.


Starting tomorrow, I will begin a multi-post series on millennials and the church, a new vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment